Monday, April 30, 2007

Downhill from Here

This blog really is the only real record I have kept for this pregnancy. I feel guilty about that because I really haven't spent a lot of time talking about the pregnancy. It's not that I don't think about it. I do. All the time really. I am excited to meet this baby. Every little kick I feel (she is gentle) I shiver with anticipation. Who will she look like? What personality type will she be? It's so exciting to think about and I have many day and night dreams imagining what's to come.

This pregnancy really has flown by so far. Beginning on Thursday I will be in the 3rd trimester. 3 more months and I will be done being pregnant. No more going to the bathroom 10x's a night, no more loud groaning every time I roll over, and hopefully no more tent size clothing. I have really felt great for the last 3 months. The first 3 were awful. I threw up daily, suffered from horrible headaches, and exhaustion beyond description. Then one day it was just over. As quickly as it had started it ended. I made up for lost time. Basically eating whatever my heart desired and then some.

And now here I am on the downhill side. So far I don't feel nervous at all. It could be the fact that the crib is set up, I have all the clothes that I will need, a baby sling, a baby swing, etc. The only thing we have to get is a new car seat. We re-used Chiggie's 2x and now it's just not up to par anymore. But for the most part I feel prepared. I hate being pregnant in the summer, but I love having summer babies. Mostly because I love the warm weather and don't have to constantly worry that the baby is too cold. The King will be taking a week off for the birth and the baby will be here before school starts for Chiggie.

Just writing this makes me jittery. What else could I be doing to get ready? I guess just relaxing and enjoying the rest of this special time in our lives!

0 comments: