Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ouch!

One thing I did not anticipate with having a 5th child were the after pains. Holy Moly, there are times when I am certain I am going to give birth to his twin. I looked it up on the internet to see if there was anything I could do for relief and the recommendation was Lamaze breathing. What?? Cramps you have to breathe through just don't sound right. I'm taking Motrin and it takes the edge off. I can't really take anything stronger because I am breastfeeding. I'm hoping they're about done at this point, but today was by far the worst.


I'm also getting pretty tired. He is a great sleeper, but up about ever 1-2hrs all night long nursing. This is a good thing really, it's just hard to go on that little of sleep. I've never been a great napper and it almost always makes me feel more groggy. The bright side is I love taking care of him at night. It's so quiet and I can just soak him up. He's a little dream!


2 comments:

J-Bug said...

I'm sorry you are having so much pain. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Jeremiah wants me to send a message to Cullen so here goes, just as Jeremiah says..

"Yes you are, you are the cutest thing, yes you are, yes you are"

As he is looking at Cullen's picture, shaking his head and speaking in a "talking to a baby" voice. It's just too cute. I can't wait til we can come over.

me said...

I remember those pains. I had them horribly with Trae and not so much with Jax. I noticed later that my milk dried out earlier with J than with T, so maybe it's hormone connected and just means you'll have a long-lasting and good milk supply! Cheers, little man! ;)