Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

We all made it until midnight. I was so surprised that no one even struggled to stay awake. Lucky for us everyone slept in late too. When I woke up I took a look around and the family room/dining room, kitchen area, looked like the morning scene on the movie The Hangover. Sheesh, who knew pizza, wings, and soda could cloud ones judgement. I'd like to say I quickly sprung in to action and it's all back to normal now, but not so much. Instead I've walked from room to room like a zombie stopping only to snack and lay on beds and couches. 3 am bedtimes just aren't for me.

The girls have actually been pretty active. They've been coloring and playing some more games. I think they're pretty proud they made it last night. We took them outside at midnight and they liked hearing the firecrackers and people yelling "Happy New Year." I'm sure they'll remember it and want to do the same next year. I have many plans for this next year. First things first though, go to bed early tonight!

1 comments:

me said...

Hubby got called out 25 minutes before midnite and I turned the tv off, thus never seeing the ball drop. Oh well!
The Hangover is HILARIOUS!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!