Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Long Day

Chiggie experienced two losses today. Two losses of a very different kind. One I anticipated and one that caught us both by surprise. As I was helping her get ready for school she made the casual comment that she hadn't heard Nosy (the hamster) last night. Neither of us thought much of it and she headed off to school.

When she got home from school I had to break the bad news. She hadn't heard Nosy for a reason. Nosy died. She was/is DEVASTATED. I was even taken slightly off guard by the severity of her reaction. It broke my heart to see her so upset. The little girls don't have much of an understanding, but Chiggie knows that death is forever. We comforted her the best we could and by the end of the night she even ate a little.

The second loss was more exciting and probably helped take the focus off the first. She lost another tooth. Her permanent teeth are coming in perfect too. Very exciting. She put the tooth under her pillow and I'm hoping it will give her something else to focus on tonight. 2 milestones, one good one bad, all in one day. She's growing up too fast.

3 comments:

J-Bug said...

Sweet Chiggie, My precious baby girl. I want so bad to just come over there and hug her. Tell her We all Love her so very much.


Love Wendy

me said...

How many teeth has she lost so far? We've been done for a while (lost the first 8) and I am so not looking forward to Jax starting up with his soon.
Sorry about Nosy!!! *HUGS* to Chiggie!

Family_Dauk said...

Elizabeth, amazingly, this was her 12th tooth. It really should be the last one for a bit!