Thursday, December 17, 2009

Luncheons, Musicals, and Parties Oh My

I hate using the excuse that we've been busy. So has everybody. We have though. I need to take a minute to get a few things down before I forget to mention them at all. Today was Chiggie's school Christmas luncheon. The girls and I went and had a great time. Tonight was her Christmas musical and I cannot say enough how adorable it was. The kids did great. The songs were so festive and cute. Due to the lighting I wasn't able to take great pictures, but we did video tape the whole thing, so if you missed it we have it.

Tomorrow is Chiggie's party at school. I have cupcakes in the oven as I type. I'm frosting them red and green and then have some cute holiday toppers to add. They're doing a Secret Santa gift exchange and of course the kids are all super excited. It's so fun for the little girls to be a part of all of this as well. They look so forward to starting school. Chiggie and Tea also had their youth group Christmas party last night. They had a visit from Santa himself, and received several gifts a piece. They also practiced for a concert they'll be doing on Christmas Eve at the church. Midge knows the songs too, so she gets to participate as well.

I have to say, we have had such a fun Christmas season. I need to finish up shopping this weekend, but it's been really fun to do other things. We're working hard to teach the girls that Christmas is not about stuff, and I think it's working. Especially the older girls are really getting that Jesus was our gift and that's what we really celebrate. I love that they want to give gifts and talk more about that than talking about what they "want." I hope to really foster this in years to come.

1 comments:

J-Bug said...

You and the King are such awesome parents, I have no doubt that your girls will grow up knowing the real meaning of Christmas. J has it down that we are Celebrating Jesus, but we still have a ways to go on the whole better to GIVE than to receive thing. He does pretty good most of the time. He was very excited to go shopping for the girls last night. He was pretty cute, He would just walk through the store and say, OH I think Boo will like this and Tea will like that and just kept throwing things in the cart. LOL!