Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Today was probably one of the best Christmas Eve's we have ever had. It started out with getting to sleep in. It's amazing the difference sleep can make. After staying up late the last several nights in a row it was awesome to just sleep. I felt energized after we got up and started cleaning up right away. Usually I drag my feet a bit whenever it's a holiday. The more I did the more motivated I was to keep going. By afternoon, the whole house was clean and I felt great about it. It's so nice to know that we'll be able to relax tomorrow and just enjoy the day without having much to do.

We also built our gingerbread house. The little girls especially loved decorating it. I love that I have completely lost my need to control situations like that. I just don't care anymore. As long as they have fun and get along they can do it however they want. It truly is a blessing having several kids. I really think I have gained wisdom with each new arrival.

This evening we all got ready and went to the candlelight service at our church. All three older girls sang and it was beautiful really. They looked very pretty and we were proud of how their practice really paid off. After we got home we ate sub sandwiches and chips. The girls were allowed to open one present under the tree, new pj's (thanks Aunt Neysha, Uncle Russell, and Naava.) We also opened a family gift, the book 'Twas The Night Before Christmas, which was recorded by my Mom. Then it was teeth brushing and bed. The excitement in the air would have bogged down a chain saw, I'm sure of it. I'm hoping for good sleep for everyone!

****Blogger is being difficult and won't let me add any pictures tonight. I'll try again later if I can, but if not, I will post them tomorrow for sure!****

0 comments: