Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

This Christmas season flew by so fast. I think I'm in denial that today really is the 26th. Strange really. We had a wonderful day yesterday. The girls allowed us to sleep in until 7 when they just couldn't wait any longer. Chiggie had already scouted and informed the other girls that Santa indeed had come. We were up very late the previous night tracking his flight so we already knew ;)


After all the presents had been opened the girls enjoyed Cinnamon rolls. We had plenty of time for them to open and enjoy most of their gifts before heading over to my Mom's house. At my Mom's we enjoyed a fabulous feast of Prime Rib, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, rolls, veggie trays, and several desserts. Yum. I'm still full really, but after typing that I could definitely do that again. We played some guitar hero and chatted before heading home for some rest.

The rest part could've gone a little better. The girls weren't having it and I was exhausted at that point. I finally gave up and helped the older girls put together their Chixos Loft. That actually ended up being a lot of fun. They turned out really good and the girls were really excited about it. While the older two were doing that, the little girls occupied their time painting with their new paint sets. I love the Crayola Color Wonder stuff.
By the time we got done with all of that it was bed time. The girls again donned new pj's (thanks Tracy) and brushed their teeth with the new brushes Santa left. They were tired so bedtime wasn't too bad. It just felt surreal that it was all coming to an end. A good day though. I don't know what more a person could really ask for. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!


Following is a picture by picture play of events entirely out of chronological order, enjoy!


Chiggie very creatively put together her Chixos Loft.



I'm really glad we bought these, they were a lot of fun.



Midge concentrates as she paints a beautiful picture.




Boo got a finger paint set and made this masterpiece.

Tea got a Cinderella book that came with this veil, gloves, and wedding ring. Now all we need is a groom right?




Dr. Midge works to save this little pooch's life after he fell off of my bed. Lucky for him he need only about 1000 shots before he was good to go.




The Grinch took a spin in Boo's baby doll's new ride.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think Chiggie liked her DS games.





Boo, and all of the girls actually, loved the hats made by their Uncle.

They were so good about handing out presents this year. The King and I just had to sit back and supervise.
Midge made the nice list!




When I asked Tea what she was going to do with her new guitar, she looked at me like I was crazy and said, "party like a rock star!" The force is strong in this one.

Everyone but me all fixed up for the Christmas Eve service at church. Somebody has to take the pictures ya know.
The gingerbread house all finished.

Tea worked diligently on the roof.The King was the Contractor.




Midge could hardly stand the anticipation.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Very fun! Parker and I made Gingerbread houses too! I think it's a must for me now. Funny that I didn't start doing that til Middle School! :)

me said...

I agree about how Christmas snuck up on us. I swear it was just Halloween and then I turned around and found Thanksgiving next to me and I blinked and found Christmas! Yikes! Merry (belated) Christmas!

Fine contracting, Dad-sir!