Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Still Here

I'm still around. Just doing the best I can to soak up the last couple of weeks of summer vacation. Actually I spent yesterday and the two days prior giving my house a deep cleaning. The process wasn't fun at all but I'm pleased with the results. I can actually find stuff now. Today, as a treat for being so patient during the cleaning process, I took the girls to the pool at the gym. I don't have any pictures to share, remember the great pool/camera disaster of '07? It rained all day so they enjoyed swimming inside. It was the first time that Boo really "swam" in a deep pool. She's hung out in the wading pool and played in our back yard pool, but this was different. I was surprised at how much she liked it. She was content to just hang out in her floatie for almost 2 hours while the girls splashed around her.

Tomorrow we go to Chiggie's school to register. We'll find out who her teacher is and get to see her classroom. She's excited and I think the other girls are too. School starting will jump start a new routine for us. I'm not looking forward to getting up early. All summer my kids have slept until 9:30. All four of them sleep 12 hours a night. Getting up at 6:30 just might kill me...

1 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, that's like a three hour time change. I think it might kill me too. I'm slowly changing our routine by about a half hour a week so we're back on track for school on the 25th and I don't lose too much sleeping in time meanwhile.

I'm glad for you that your house is nice again. I need to get mine a little spiffed up soon here . . .