Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Settling In

Things around here are finally settling in a bit. Our new routine isn't perfected yet, but it's working. I transitioned to the early mornings a lot better than I thought I would. The girls are cooperative in the mornings and we're all out the door and ready to walk to school by 7:45. The first week was rough on Chiggie. She wasn't at all used to being away from home for that long. She did fine while at school, but was emotional during the evenings. I spent many nights reassuring her and explaining to her why she "has" to go to school. This week has been better.

Last night was her open house and that was really fun for her and us. One of her drawings from last year was chosen by the principal to hang in the hall by the office and we all got a kick out of that. Today Tea and I went and had lunch with her and played on the playground afterwards. She appreciated our visit and I'm glad we went.

The girls and I are slowly adjusting to our new routine here at home. We tend to hang out around the house during the day (except for Wednesdays when we go to lunch and Fridays when we grocery shop.) Next week I'm going to start decorating for fall and the girls are already talking about what they want to be for Halloween.

Boo really has become one of the girls. She's walking well, using some words, and eating all 3 meals up to the table. She imitates a lot of what the older girls are doing and it's a blast to watch. Hopefully I'll get my computer problem figured out soon and show off some of the pictures that I have taken recently.

3 comments:

me said...

YAY for a well-functioning schedule! I'm glad it's going well and that you were able to enjoy lunch with C! I can't wait to see your pictures. What do the girls want to be? Here's to a great year!

Family_Dauk said...

Chiggie changes her mind almost daily so the verdict is still out there. Tea wants to be a mermaid. Midge wants to be Little Bo Peep. I would like for Boo to be Minnie Mouse, but we'll see. They could all change their minds between now and then. How 'bout your crew?

Christine said...

Isn't it crazy how much things change when school starts? It's a completely different mentally.

I hope school gets easier for Chiggie as she gets used to the newness.

Have a fabulous weekend as a family!