Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Complicated

Midge is complicated. She is extremely sensitive. She hates attention. Even positive attention. She is embarassed very easily as well. Sometimes I feel like I'm walking on egg shells around her because the slightest thing can cause her to melt down.

On the other hand Midge is my most "obedient" child. When I tell her to do something she does it ( insert gasp!) Take the crib situation for example. She can easily get in and out of her crib. She also very easily figured out the door knob cover I bought. Oddly it's never been a problem. The night after she climbed out for the first time I just layed down the law. I told her that it was bed time and that I did not want her getting out of her bed until morning. And she didn't.

When she came down in the morning she wasn't wearing her diaper. She had grabbed a pair of underwear from her drawer and decided she didn't want to wear diapers anymore. This was Friday and she's worn them ever since and made it to the potty EVERY TIME. She amazes me. She is extremely strong willed and stubborn at times, but when she makes up her mind about something she really means it. I love this about her.

3 comments:

Granola said...

Midge is so cute, that's awesome she just made up her mind about diapers.

Christine said...

Oooh, I hope that she keep sit up with the undies. What a treat that would be - put that stubborness towards a positive goal ;)

me said...

*fingers crossed* on the potty training! That leaves just one in dipes and who can say a bad thing about THAT? ;) Good luck with that delicate dance of Midge!
*HUGS*