Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Head On

Now that the school year has begun, the little girls most favorite part of the day is the walk/bike ride to and from the school. It's about 20 minutes round trip and I think the fresh air and exercise does them good. I'm taking advantage of the fact that the weather is still nice as all to soon it will be freezing and we'll have to drive. Rather than walk T prefers to ride her new bike she got for her birthday. Luckily she wears a helmet every time.

Today on the way home from school we took a different way. She had her head turned talking to Chiggie and didn't see that there was no curb to the sidewalk. Before I could catch her she hit head on and flipped over the handle bars. Fortunately she did a full flip (thank you gymnastics) and landed on her back vs. her head or neck. Much to my relief she only had a minor scrape. I was glad that she got right back on the bike and rode the rest of the way home, but it's moments like these that make me wonder what the future holds with 4 rambunctious girls.....

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm glad she's okay! I know what you mean - I have to wonder when the bigger injuries are going to come with my four as well. Especially since they just don't pay attention most of the time.

And I'm with you. I LOVE getting out walking twice a day with the kids. I love the crisp, clear mornings when it's just a bit chilly. We do two round trips, and straight to school and back equals about a mile a day. But once I drop Evie off, I'm planning on sticker the younger two in the jogger and going on an upbeat exercising walk!

me said...

I so know I commented on this one...but it's not here so I must not have. I'm sorry for being lame and flakey. It's been that kind of a week. hehe I hope your first week into the school routine is going GREAT! Enjoy your walks and let us know how you're doing! :)