Monday, January 07, 2008

Eating

24 weeks old today. Her babyhood is flying by and I can't believe it! Today I fed her her first bowl of baby cereal. We did it in the evening at supper time since she is usually so fussy. I don't what made her happier actually eating or just being a part of the dinner time experience. She ate several bites and caught on to the whole process quickly. She already sleeps like a champ at night so there are no real expectations there. We'll stick to cereal for a while and then add some basic fruits when she turns 6 months old. On this same note, I started counting points for Weight Watchers today. I'm a little nervous but given the baby's age it's time. I'll miss the freedom of eating whatever I want whenever I want, but I won't miss the consequences of that I'm sure. We also hit the pool today for some exercise and I plan to walk on the treadmill after the girls go to bed. I really don't want to make this a blog about diet and exercise, but I'll try to update often on my progress just to keep myself accountable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten. I was just there and she was so tiny. She will soon be eating you out of house and home like the others. :-) Good luck on that diet thing too, you know if I come to visit it will be out the window right? haha

Tracy

Danielle said...

She is adorable!!!!

I REALLY like the WW system. In '07 I lost close to 20lbs doing it and my sister lost over 40lbs. I also didn't want my real blog to turn into a "fitness and diet" blog so I created another one that I could use to track points and write about successes and frustrations. It helps me to put my goals out there for the world to see...it does hold me accountable. I'm logged in under than account so if you want to check it out, click on my name...

Christine said...

While I love nursing, I REALLY love introducing solid foods. It's just fun. Maybe I'm weird, hehe.

Good luck with the WW. I would love to hear your progress from time to time. I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can start walking with the kids in the jogging stroller again.

Christine said...

While I love nursing, I REALLY love introducing solid foods. It's just fun. Maybe I'm weird, hehe.

Good luck with the WW. I would love to hear your progress from time to time. I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can start walking with the kids in the jogging stroller again.

me said...

YAY for the solid foods going smoothly! Ditto to Micki's comment on the stroller. I'm dying over here with not being able to force myself outside. We joined the gym but my diet needs a drastic overhaul. WW only works for me if I'm starting from square one. I'm such a large woman that their points allows me too much freedom, as weird as that may sound. GOOD LUCK TO YOU! and do keep us posted, we all want to hear your success story AND your trial and tribulations. ;)