Sunday, January 27, 2008

Another "First" and the Dreaded Diet

Today we went to a pool party and Boo had her first dip. Much like the other girls she took to it like a natural. She enjoyed splashing and putting her face in the water. The water was warm and I think that helped. It was also a warmer day overall, so she didn't have to deal with the whole get outta the water and freeze to death thing. I'm just glad she had fun.

As for the dreaded diet, surprisingly it hasn't ended up being so dreadful at all. Sure I miss my indulging now and then, but overall things are going very well. I've been walking on the treadmill 20 minutes a day and also doing an Ab video every day too. It's strangely nice to be exercising again. I really didn't realize how much I missed it. Starting tomorrow I will be going to the gym Monday-Thursday (the same gym I've been a member of for 6 months, but only used the pool). I'm still very far from my ultimate goal, but it's nice to see some beginning results.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

That's cool that all your kiddos love to swim! What a fun activity that you can all do together. Good luck on the diet/exercise thing. I feel like it's a never ending battle but at least we are all in it together!

me said...

Go QB, Go QB...it's your birthday! LOL Glad to hear you'll be putting that gym membership to some use. LOL I hate working out but can relate to that oddly good feeling you have afterwards. I find it easier to do the moderation thing when I'm exercising. Diet and exercise go hand and hand for me. Keep up the good work and let us know how it's going.

Christine said...

wooo-hooo!! Go QB! Good luck with the diet and exercising. I'm not a fan, but I sure do feel good when I do it. One of these days I'll start up again, LOL!