Tuesday, June 26, 2007

And then Sometimes I am Just Weird

We have a very casual relationship with our neighbors. Occasionally we are outside at the same time and we'll wave or nod. I've never actually been in their house nor have they been in ours. At least since we moved in almost 3 years ago. Our houses are really close together. In fact our bedroom window looks into their living room window and our dining room windows match up as well. We often sit down to dinner at the same time and our lights go out at relatively the same time every night as well.

Well they did. That is until J left for Paris. She didn't actually tell us she was going to Paris. She told the neighbor across the street, who told his next door neighbor, who told our neighbor on the other side, who told the King. Her husband is still home but it's not the same. Her flower garden is neglected, her car sits undriven, and the lights are never on. He must eat his dinner in the living room because we never see him in the dining room anymore.

She's been gone since the end of May. I don't know when she's coming back or if she's perhaps gone for the summer. I wonder if she'll be gone when the baby is born. She has seen us bring home Tea and Midge. For the life of him the King does not understand why this affects me at all. What can I say I hate change.

1 comments:

me said...

Hehe...I'm picturing you in a rocking chair, sitting on the front porch watching cars go by. Ya know, nosey old lady style. LOL Just teasing, I'm observant of my neighbors as well and would just be itching to know what the story was on the other side of the fence. Here's hoping her flowers survive her inattentive hubby!