Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Too Little Time......

There is so much that I want to write about but my mind lately feels like a cluttered counter. Some of its trash, some stuff needs to be saved for later, and some things need to be dealt with right now. I am still suffering from nausea and vomiting. The medicine is helping, but it's depressing to feel so bad for what seems like so long. I don't write about it a lot because it's a real downer, but mind over matter isn't getting me anywhere.

Despite the fact that I spend a great deal of time holding the couch in place, the girls seem to be thriving. Midge successfully made the transition to her crib in her own room, really a lot of hype for nothing. She fusses a little but then falls asleep and stays that way to the tune of about 12 hours. She is also an official wienie. I would've continued to nurse her through her first birthday but the medication I have been taken dried up my milk. She now drinks wonderfully from a cup and I am amazed at how resilient she really is.

I made the decision to take Chiggie out of the preschool she was in. Because the year is already half over we decided not to place her in another program. She was fine with the whole thing and is looking forward to Kindergarten Round-Up in the spring. She seems much more relaxed. I know she is getting more sleep and I have no doubts that she will be very successful in school next year.

Tea is exploding in so many areas. Potty training, speech, motor skills.... She really is morphing from a baby into a child. She is becoming much more of a playmate to Chiggie and is very nurturing towards Midge. We have told her that another baby is going to be joining our family and she seems excited. We'll see what happens when reality hits.

Anywho, I will stop rambling and enjoy a little quiet time before retreating to bed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm up at 4am cuz I've been feeling the same way you've described...but I think my problem was chinese dinner...Anyway I think you're absolutely right about your decision to keep Chiggie home until kindergarten. You're observations about her being more relaxed confirm that. You're a good mom. I'm glad our grandchildren have you! Love G'mama