Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Read the Book don't Watch the Movie

Pretty much since I learned to read I have preferred reading to television or movies. I have a vivid imagination and most of the time the real thing turns out to be a let down. For example when I got my first dispatching job I was living in a new city in a new county in a brand new state. I didn't know where anything was and had to rely on maps for everything. Fortunately I became very good at map reading and picked up on my geography very quickly. But I had still never "seen" most of what I was dealing with. I was shocked and disappointed to later find out that just because a subdivision is called Palm Sunset, doesn't mean it's nice and Whispering Sands apartment complex is actually a dump.

Anyway I guess what I am saying is that with a book you get to at least imagine the whole story where as with a movie all the work is done for you. I think life is really the same way. You can either carve your own unique imaginative details and get involved or you can just sit back and let the camera roll. I would rather write a book than have someone else make my movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whispering Sands is a dump? NO WAY!!! haha

Family_Dauk said...

Sorry,I totally forgot you live there.