Monday, December 10, 2007

Smarty Pants

With all the Holiday hub bub and what not, I haven't had much time lately to talk about Chiggie and how her Kindergarten year is going. I can't express how far she has come in such a short amount of time. Socially, emotionally, and academically she has grown in ways I never could have imagined. She has mastered basic phonic skills and just recently tested at a first grade reading level. She loves P.E. and jump ropes for practice at home. On Monday's and Wednesdays she checks out a book from the school library and we make it a family affair. She chooses her books very carefully and then waits with great anticipation. I admire that in her as it is a trait we share. She has made lots of friends but always tells us that she is "friendly" to everyone. I'm so proud of her, but I'm also happy for her and her new found independence.

3 comments:

me said...

Should I do a post like this? I'm scared to admit how much my "baby" has grown and changed!! Can you IMAGINE how much more they learn in kindie now than we did? Mind blowing!! Congrats on the reading testing and fellow bookworm! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Girl!!!!

Tell her we love her so much and are very proud of her.

Grandpa,Wendy and Jeremiah.

Christine said...

You're a brave woman for confessing how much she's grown up. Chiggie, that's awesome! Keep up the good work :)