Saturday, December 15, 2007

The North Pole

Brrrrrr. That's the word that I would use to describe today. At the very highest I would say it was about 18 degrees outside. So we did what any crazy family would do. We loaded up the kids and took them to the North Pole to see Santa.
They had an absolute blast! Riding rides, eating junk food, and seeing the "Man in Red."

This place is incredible. The rides are top notch and you only have to be a year old to ride most of them, including roller coasters. Seeing Midge holding her hands in the air on a roller coaster was quite the site.
My Brother, Sister In-Law and their two little girls came, along with my Mom, Step-Dad and two little sisters. I can't think of a place that would be more fun to take a troop of little girls their ages. They were all 100% convinced it was the real deal.
We didn't spend any time waiting in line as hardly anyone else was crazy enough to venture out in temps like this.
They saw reindeer, elves, and of course Santa. My girls looked only. They all 4 refused to sit on his lap so I have no photo. The other girls all hopped right on. I couldn't believe mine wouldn't.
The Candy Cane Slide was one of Chiggie's favorite rides. She remembered it from last time and has talked about it ever since.
It's amazing how well the girls get along and interact. It's nice to have such a large family.
Boo was a real trooper. The only time she cried is when she got hungry.
Tea was afraid of many of the rides. She spent a lot of time hanging out with Uncle E.
Midge was great until she got cold. Then there was no turning back. She had a meltdown in the lobby that I am positive convinced any in the lobby considering sterilization to go for it.It was a Christmas memory that I will remember forever!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like everyone had a great time. I love you all.
Grandma Dixie

Danielle said...

That looks like so much fun!! I'm glad that you are able to get out and make so many memories with your kiddos.

PS: I do remember making gingerbread houses with you!! I had totally forgotten about it until your comment! Those were fun times!

me said...

I always wondered about that place when we'd drive by the signs. We never made it there but Hubby has talked about fond memories of it from when he was little. Some day maybe we'll make it down there this time of year and go. It sure looked like a great time was had by all. I'm sorry the girls weren't interested in Santa!! LOL

Christine said...

How cool is that!!? That looks like so much fun. All those pictures are fantastic.