Monday, July 30, 2007

Life with 4.......1 Week Later


What a week it has been indeed. I don't think I ever really knew what to expect so I never really had any expectations. The hardest thing by far has been keeping the house all in one piece. The older girls love the baby, but for the most part leave her alone. She is an awesome baby. Eats good, sleeps good, and loves to be cuddled. My recovery was much slower after this delivery. I had some postpartum swelling in my legs that led to a trip to the ER late last week. Luckily everything is okay and the problem seems to have resolved itself. I also managed to pull some stomach muscles that I didn't even know I had during the delivery which left me unable to lay flat for several days. I am finally starting to feel better and that helps.Today was the King's first day back to work and I think it says a lot that everybody got dressed, ate, and there were no major injuries. We are establishing a routine, that while sometimes exhausting helps me keep my insanity. The laundry is done, the kids are clean, and everyone appears happy. I think that's a good start!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful granddaughters you have given to me! I wish I lived closer so they could know me better. I love you all very much!
Grandma Dixie

me said...

Gma D beat me to the first comment! :) No major injuries, clean peeps and the laundry is done...GO YOU! You're rockin this fam of 4 thing, QB!