Thursday, July 05, 2007

Beans and Cake

We had a delicious BBQ last night. I hear other people complain about their kids being picky eaters. Fortunately for us that is not the case. Unfortunately ours just about eat us out of house and home.

After watching the fireworks last night, everyone was exhausted. The girls went to bed with no trouble and we followed shortly after. Just as I was drifting off I saw a small shadow moving towards my side of the bed.

Chiggie: I can't sleep

Me: Why not?

Chiggie: I can't stop thinking about the BBQ beans and the cake in the fridge

Me: Well if you go to sleep, they'll be there for breakfast.

Chiggie: Okay.

She then sauntered happily back upstairs and fell asleep for the night. And in the morning, what a fine breakfast the BBQ beans and cherry cheese cake made!

1 comments:

me said...

*gag* I can do the cheesecake but not the beans...and none of the above for breakfast. LOL I'm glad everyone in your house was happy tho! :)