Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Jig is Up

I'm a poser. I thought I could be one of those hip moms, who let their sons hair grow long and wavy. I tried. I really tried. Then this morning I took this picture. My boy, looked like a girl. Gender ambiguous at the very least. Hmmmm, not what I was going for exactly. So I did what any neurotic type A mother would do. I rushed him to the nearest hair stylist for a professional cut.



He was very proud of his smock. At first he was confused and a little scared, but once he figured out that we were not in a doctors office he relaxed.




We watched as the stylist snipped and his precious curls fell to the floor.






Afterwards he admired himself in the mirror than bragged to Daddy about what had just happened. It's official, he's a toddler!


2 comments:

Christine said...

I think he looks adorable with his new 'do!
I'm not a hip and cool mom, I'm not a fan of the long hair on boys. I love it!

me said...

This post made me laugh my butt off. I had to share it with my husband and then explain you were joking about "wanting" to grow his hair out! ;) He agreed your little man looks very handsome with his new look!