Monday, November 08, 2010

Bad to Worse

Okay, I admit, I was upset and sad for Chiggie when I found out she had strep for the 3rd time, but I could handle that. By this afternoon Midge was complaining. She had the same thick speech Chiggie had started with and I quickly checked her temperature. She had a high fever and big glands under the throat. Luckily the ped's office was understanding and just called in her prescription. I gave it a little over an hour an then headed to the pharmacy. It wasn't ready. They hadn't even started it. They said come back later. Come back later? I had already drug two sickly children from bed to come in the first place (we used the drive-up window.) Again, lucky for me, my Step-Dad picked it up for me later and brought it over.

I got everybody ready for bed and had finally relaxed just a little bit, when Tea came back downstairs crying. You guessed it her throat and head hurt. I checked her temp and it was even higher than the two before her. Good grief. No one's going to school tomorrow. Poor Tea will have to wait to start meds. Hopefully the Doc will continue just phoning in the orders to save us the trip. I am praying Boo, Buster, and myself are spared!

1 comments:

me said...

*HUGS* I'm so sorry, N!! I will say a prayer it passes quickly and the Dr stays cooperative to spare you hassle and cost. Keep us posted and go take some vitamins or something. :)