Monday, May 03, 2010

Groove

After the baby was born, almost immediately, I craved some sort of routine. Even if it involved very little sleep, I craved predictability. I am definitely a planner and don't always handle "surprises" very well. Over time I can definitely say we have found a groove, but a routine not so much. 5 kids is just un-predictable by nature. Every time I think we're finally there someone gets sick or hurt or pulls an all nighter. I don't find myself to be overwhelmed in the traditional sense, but inflexible, yes that would be me. I'm working on it but the progress is oh so slow.

Today was an all day errand day. We picked up my Mom and took her by several places she needed to go and oddly it was a lot of fun. Just being out of the house on a weekday made a world of difference. Who knew eating lunch in the Safeway parking lot could be so much fun? Tomorrow I really need to buckle down and do the housework. I'm buried in laundry after a dryer fiasco that resulted in $100+ in repairs. I'm just thankful I've got two loads going right now. The weather continues to annoy me in every way possible with its refusal to make up its mind already. Summer is just around the corner, though, and I can't wait for that!

0 comments: