Monday, May 31, 2010

Beautiful Day

The weather today was gorgeous. With all the complaining I do, I have to say, I can't think of anything bad to say about today. We slept in to the tune of 9 am, which was fabulous. The kids were all in good spirits, and just like I thought, Tea is feeling much better already. I took Chiggie for a longer bike ride this afternoon. It was my first ride this spring and it felt so good to be out. It's so cool to have a kid old enough to ride pretty much anywhere. We rode for about an hour and then we were both pretty much spent.

We just hung out this afternoon. I re-painted the trim in our sitting room and I can't believe how much better it looks. I guess I didn't realize how bad it was looking. For dinner we grilled hamburgers. It was delicious. It was also our first bbq at home this season. I think we've just been busy having a new baby around because it seems like a lot of these "firsts" are coming later than usual for us. After we ate we took a walk and let the girls play for a long time at the park. Buster was happy in his new stroller and it was a great way for the girls to burn off even more energy.

Tonight they all 5 went right to bed with NO problems. Clearly, every day can't be like today, but that doesn't stop me from wishing it could.

1 comments:

me said...

I love long, happy, family days. So glad you got to enjoy so much goodness in one day!! Here's to many more!