Saturday, May 08, 2010

Blah, blah, blah....

I can't believe I haven't posted anything since Monday. I hate going that long in between posts, but I also hate posting the same thing over and over and over and well you get the point. We've been sick AGAIN. Seriously I'm done with all of this. I woke up on Wednesday, which just happened to be the King's birthday, with a fever, sore throat, and very sore joints. I was not happy, let me tell you. I had plans. Big plans, and they were all ruined. It wasn't something I could fight through. Every time I got up enough energy to get up off of the couch and try to accomplish something I had severe abdominal pain. I called the doc but couldn't get in until Thursday.

Somehow I survived the day, but it was awful. I just wanted to sleep or maybe even cry. I didn't have the energy to cry though, and it's not really safe to sleep when you're taking care of 5 kids under 9. On Thursday I went to the Doc and was rapid tested for strep which came back negative. I was shocked and ticked off. I stayed to see the doctor, not satisfied with just going home to ride out the "virus." After an examination he agreed I appeared to be infected with something. He gave me a prescription and sent me to the lab to have a tissue sample taken from my throat.

Once I started taking the antibiotic, just like last time, I felt better. The Doc called yesterday and the sample grew Strep. Just a different type of strep than the rapid test normally picks up. Oddly I was thrilled. I know it sounds weird, but I guess I felt validated. Hopefully the antibiotic will work and this will end for good. Strep twice in a month is not fun.

So for now I am feeling overwhelmed. Another couple days of being sick has put me even further behind. Top that off with the girls rotating through completely random, short lived bouts of fever and vomiting and one might see where I would be a little jumpy at this point. The King is still working Saturdays, but should be off on Sundays. This is nice, but we spend a good portion of our Sundays on church activities leaving little time for things around the house. I've come full circle and I'm right back to trying to find a balance.

1 comments:

me said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, J! Sorry you were so ill for his day, QB, but I hope it all worked out anyway! :)