Saturday, September 05, 2009

Some Things

It's been a long and hectic week. Remember, school started? So in an effort to recap and because I'm too tired/lazy to type it all out here goes:

  • Chiggie is LOVING 2nd grade. She got a fantastic teacher and I'm so excited for her. She also got a great new music teacher (one of her favorite subjects) who is big on parental involvement and performances. We're both excited about that.
  • Amazingly since school started we're actually getting out more. The little girls are really enjoying the walk to and from school. Fresh air and exercise has been good for all of us.
  • I'm feeling well in general but still extremely fatigued. I can see my house falling apart around me. Yeah, it'll still be here tomorrow, I just don't want to be the one to pick up the pieces. *Sigh*
  • I am heartbroken for Micki and her family. I am also amazed by her strength and faith.
  • I'm very glad the girls are playing a sport this fall. With our yard being in the state is has been this year it's been hard to get them active outdoors. The plan is to re-landscape in the spring and hopefully never experience this summer "cabin fever" again.
  • The news is both scaring and depressing me lately. I plan to spend the winter reading Little House on the Prairie and Anne of Green Gables books. Reality is not my friend.
  • I'm looking forward to winter comfort food. If I eat one more thing cooked on the bbq grill I cannot be held responsible for what I might do.
  • The girls are starting to talk about Halloween costumes. I love Halloween, but I miss the way things were when I was child. Back when just because your kids went trick or treating you weren't necessarily labeled a "devil worshipper."

That about sums things up for now. I'm hoping we all stay healthy and have a great time at the State Fair on Monday!

1 comments:

me said...

Who's calling you a devil worshipper for allowing your kids to t-n-t? I was very anti-Halloween until I had kids and then just had to accept that some people do things for one reason, we do them for another. It's an experience for kids, plain and simple. If you want to make it about paganism, etc, then that's your choice. What do the kids want to be this year? T knew Oct 31st of LAST year. LOL
Glad to hear C is lovin school and good luck with that landscaping!! Take good care of yourself! :)