Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Brrrrr

It is absolutely freezing cold outside. Up until this evening I was in complete denial about this sudden weather change. This could have something to do with the fact that I spent a small fortune on back to school clothes for Chiggie and didn't buy her any pants, but I don't know for sure. It hit me tonight though. The sky was gray, freezing rain fell, and there was a slight breeze in the air. I know this for sure because we were all standing outside. Not all of us were just standing there. Chiggie and Tea were having their soccer pictures taken. Brrrrrrrrrr. The little girls were in shorts, oops, but thankfully I had brought some blankets to sit on and ended up wrapping them up in them. I hope we get more fall type weather and don't move straight on to winter.

On the way home Tea was so funny. I think the weather was making her think of Christmas and she started telling me about things she planned to ask Santa for. It turns out her first choice this year is a motorcycle. If that doesn't pan out she plans to ask for an i-pod. At least I have a bit of time to bring her back down to reality. Whatever happened to Easy Bake Ovens and Dolls that use the potty?

1 comments:

me said...

TV commercials happened, that's what. I don't really recall but maybe a few commercials when I was little and now they take more time than the actual SHOWS the kids are watching. It's only going to get worse as we approach Christmas season. Obscene!
I haven't dared to ask what mine want yet...