Friday, January 02, 2009

Change of Plans

I was so proud of myself this morning. Last night was a late one. I didn't even fall asleep until well after 2 am. Boo is teething and miserable and I was having trouble sleeping with the King gone anyway. Midge and Boo were up by 8 am. I wasn't thrilled, but I muddled through my exhaustion and got everyone ready for the day. I cleaned up the house and then loaded the girls into the car to go grocery shopping. Tired or not it has to be done.

I made it about half way when the car started jerking and acting like we were out of gas. I had just filled up so I knew it wasn't that. Seconds later the 'check engine' light came on and the car jerked to a stop. Right on the highway. Luckily it started right back up and I headed toward home, FAST. Walking with 4 kids in the freezing cold, two of whom would demand to be carried didn't sound much like my idea of fun.

We made it home, I ordered pizza for the girls who were by their own account starving, and I'm trying to get a hold of someone to help me. I'm not even positive the car will make it to the service department and I have to have a ride home. Again, sitting in the lobby for hours with 4 young kids just doesn't sound like much of a party to me. This is the second time this has happened in less than a year. Very frustrating. It is even more frustrating that it didn't happen while the King was home. As much as that would've been a bummer, at least he could have helped me and we would have had an extra vehicle. Whatever is wrong I hope it can be easily and inexpensively fixed. Soon.

1 comments:

me said...

Keep us posted!