Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Polar Express

Okay, so it may have taken me a bit, but here's a synopsis of our kick off to Christmas trip. On the day after Thanksgiving we woke the girls early and gave them the news that we were invited to ride the Polar Express. They cheered and jumped around excited while the King and I finished up packing and got everything we would need ready. By 9am we had begun the 5 hour journey.

The hotel we stayed at did not disappoint. This is the view of the atrium from just outside our suite.Here is the living room. The couch made into a bed for the older girls.The master bedroom was huge complete with a King size bed and large t.v. of its own.The hot tub was turned down a bit so the whole family could enjoy. The King and Tea relaxing.

The girls in their pajamas ready to ride the train.


The King and Midge enjoying the ride.

I sat with Boo and the older girls got to ride up front all by themselves. All of our hats are courtesy of Uncle Russell by the way!

Just like in the movie the conductor came through and punched our tickets. Meanwhile we sipped cocoa and sang carols.
Midge, a believer in Santa, receives her bell.
Much to her shock, Santa scooped Chiggie right up!

The next morning the girls got some fresh air out on our private balcony.
Eventually we had to return home, and this is what we had to drive through.
We had an incredible time and it was hard to come home. The girls are still carrying their bells around with them and talk daily about the experience. I'm so glad we were given the opportunity to take them!










4 comments:

Danielle said...

What a great memory for them! (and for you!)

Anonymous said...

It looks like everyone had a great time. The trip will be a memory maker for sure.

I need some ideas for the girls for Christmas. I need to shop soon and would appreciate some ideas.

me said...

WAY FUN! I would love that experience! What hotel is that? Thanx for sharing!

Christine said...

That looks like an amazing trip. Wow, I'm jealous! My kids would be in heaven if we got to ride the Polar Express. I think I would too, to be honest :)