Saturday, December 06, 2008

Fa La La La La...

Tonight was the annual parade of lights and the weather was fantastic. Don't let the way the girls were dressed fool you, they had their hats and coats off 15 minutes into the parade. For the first year ever we made it through the whole thing without anybody melting down or nearly getting frost bite.We've also been enjoying the house being festively decorated. This is one of my new decorations. It's both festive and functional as it keeps the fire shielded.

Another new favorite, I got this one from my Mom and Step Dad. It's Santa's workshop. It spins around and plays Christmas music. Our village has really grown in the last few years.



Before going to the parade the girls and I baked and decorated 3 dozen sugar cookies. They loved it. They are finally getting old enough to do things a bit more independantly. I was surprised at how well even Midge did.

At the end of the day even the animals of the family were tuckered out. Seriously are these two cute or what??



2 comments:

Danielle said...

You are such a fun mom!

me said...

That picture made me laugh so hard... Glad to see the pets have made buddies! I want cookies now.