Friday, June 03, 2011

Summer Goals

Last year I was so determined to have the "best summer ever" that I lost focus of the small stuff. It ended up falling quite short of my goal and it was disappointing. This year is different. Instead of one huge goal, I've broken things down a bit. Here are some of the things I would like to achieve this summer:



  • Go to the pool 1-2x per week. The kids love, love, love to swim. It's good exercise and it's seasonal.

  • Go for morning/evening walks as often as possible. Once again, good exercise and in this climate very seasonal.

  • Spend an hour a day on yard work. This is a HUGE goal for me. Our yard is hideous. We have poured so much money into it over the years and really have nothing to show for it. With as much as the King has been gone over the last several years it has suffered. I have to pick up the slack. I don't want to though. I will have to force myself here.

  • Go to the drive in 3x. We've already gone once, so that's a start

  • Go camping at least once. We sold our camper and the King is working out of town. That makes this a tough one, but again I'm determined.

  • Read. This one applies to myself and the kids. I want all of us to read a lot. I haven't made nearly enough time for this lately.

  • Take lots of pictures. I've already done better lately. There for a while I just stopped. Life was too crazy. It's slowing down and I'm back to stalking the kids.

  • Plan one fun "event" for the kids a week. Such as a water balloon fight at the park or a picnic down by the river. Just something unique to the season.

  • BBQ. I love food so this one is obvious.

So there's a start. Hopefully I've set more reasonable standards this year under the circumstances!

1 comments:

me said...

You can do it! *leg kick*
Blog when you accomplish each goal!