Friday, December 10, 2010

I Hate to Be the Bearer of Bad News

I lied when I said we didn't seem to be able to "catch a break." I think we caught one, it's just not the kind of break I was thinking of. I'm pretty sure we have a broken (or several) pipe under the house. We're having it looked at tomorrow, but I am fearing the worst. We have a leak under the house, the sewage smell is bad, and ALL of the drains are clogged. Yay me.

On top of that my cell phone ended up in the toilet, a freak accident, and while it's working right now it wasn't this morning when I needed the alarm. I set the regular alarm as a backup but it was 2am and I wasn't alert enough and set it for 6:45pm. I woke up at 7:55. The girls were late to school, but they were great sports about it. The King had been trying to call and make sure we were up, but of course Buster had taken the house phone off of the hook. I guess he was playing ahead to sleep in, which was smart being he stayed up until 1am. He's a frat boy in the making what can I say.

I also have yet another infected tooth and don't have a dental appointment until next Wednesday. I haven't really been able to eat much so I am looking forward to getting it fixed. When it rains it pours and apparently it's monsoon season around here.

2 comments:

Christine said...

QB, I'm so sorry! Let's hope that the cliche "comes in threes" holds true and this is the last of the bad news. I hope you can get it all fixed soon.

*HUGS*

me said...

*HUGS*
Hope your tooth is feeling better and these trials you're going through now are just the rain before the sunshine!