Monday, February 08, 2010

What a Day

The best laid plans right? I was at church until after 2 yesterday so today really was supposed to be my "stay home and get stuff done" day. The weather even cooperated with a snowstorm. Who wants to drag little kids out in that? Not me. Unfortunately life had other plans for us. To start the day off, there was a 2 hr delay. Normally I like the leisurely morning, but this one was different. Tea had a rough night. She complained of a headache and ear pain. She rarely complains so I knew something was up. By morning her eyes were completely sealed shut. We all know what this means. I was shocked actually. Where in the heck did she get pink eye???

I had to call the doc and they were able to fit us in just after Chiggie had to be at school. This was very convenient. With the weather, I wanted to be out as little as possible anyway. After the appointment we had to go drop of prescriptions. She has an ear infection, a wheeze, and pink eye. Poor girl. Of course the pharmacy was backed up and we were told to come back in an hour. Thank goodness for drive thru's. We went home and I made them a quick lunch and we went back and picked up the meds. She hates the eye drops and that's an understatement. This is the kid who doesn't even flinch at shots. I hate that the other girls have to watch her get them and scream because we all know their next.

Now, there in bed and I'm trying to relax by the fire. I did get all the baby's clothes put into his dresser and the quilt hung today. Actually the King hung the quilt and I did the clothes. I love to sit in his room now. It looks so good. This weekend we are hanging his name on the wall, yes he does indeed have a name. If one of my kids has spilled the beans please don't post it on here, I love surpising people at the birth!

3 comments:

J-Bug said...

So, Jeremiah keeps asking when his brother Joey is coming back to live with us again. He should be back by now, and by the way, Brother Joey can bring his girls with him this time. Especially Tea and Midge. (I think because they are the closest to his age, LOL)

Carmajo said...

I love surprises too!!! Can't wait to hear his name!!

Sorry to hear about the pink eye, ear infection and wheezing...hope it is short-lived and doesn't travel.

me said...

Ok so I haven't heard mention of this with the other girls in the week I've missed...do I dare say you escaped it passing on?? Say it's so!!!