Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Surprise

Last night was simply awful. I had a feeling it would be from the time I got into bed. I was right. It was literally one thing after another. Midge has a cough. No fever, no other symptoms, just one of those coughs that keeps you up at night. I gave her some cough syrup and I think it had an anti-drowsy effect on her. They all had a hard time falling asleep. Chiggie was anxious about going back to school after the break. Tea was just up and into everything and Boo just followed their lead. Between Boo and Midge I was up almost every hour. The icing on the cake was when a guy the King has been taking to work called at 5am to say he wasn't going to need a ride. I about gave birth I jumped out of bed so quick to get to the phone. Calls that early scare me to death! I thought for sure someone was in some kind of trouble.

This morning instead of dwelling on the night I decided to make the best of the day. I got Chiggie off to school and then came home and got the girls ready. Then we surprised her by showing up for lunch. It was pizza day so the girls were thrilled. She was so happy to see us and it made me feel better to see that she was having a great day. It was warm enough, still chilly though, that we stayed for recess and the girls burned off energy on the playground. Now tonight the big girls are at youth group and we're just hanging out with the little ones. Midge starts going next week and she is so excited. I hope tonight goes better for all of us.

1 comments:

me said...

*fingers crossed* Here's to some sleep for a tired mama! :)