Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Bad

It takes me exactly 13 minutes to get Chiggie ready for school. I didn't have this number until this morning when I woke up at 7:41. My alarm had been going off for approximately 1hr 20min. Hmmm, I must've been tired. I ran upstairs in a frenzy, flung Chiggie from her bed, and practically carried her downstairs. She was in the shower by 7:45 and out by 7:50. She got dressed and I helped her with her hair. She grabbed her jacked, a bag of cheezits, and her backpack. We were on the porch waiting for her ride (carpool) by 7:58. 2 minutes to spare!

Up until yesterday my Mom would call at around 7:15 just to make sure we were up and moving. Cocky me informed her that we no longer needed this call. In fact the ringing of the phone was waking the baby. Yeah, I'll have a glass of milk with that giant slice of humble pie please....

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm she made it on time, but I'm sorry I have to laugh that you insisted you didn't need a wake up call.

Mornings like that are exhausting!

me said...

I'm laughing too...did you tell Mom you need that wake up calling again, starting tomorrow? Congrats on getting it all done. ;)