Monday, October 20, 2008

Customer Service Stinks

The girls Halloween costumes are late. As in, they were supposed to be here last Wednesday, late. I tried to give the company the benefit of the doubt and didn't call them right away. Today though, I got a little worried. I decided to give them a call just to make sure everything's still okay. I of course had to wait until everyone was down for the night so that it would be quiet enough for me to make a phone call.

It turns out everything is not okay. Apparently the costume that I ordered for Boo is sold out. Why, during the course of the last 4 weeks, no one has bothered to call or e-mail me I do not know. The other costumes are supposedly ready, but they haven't been shipped. I asked the representative to have the other stuff shipped to me immediately to which she informed me that I would have to wait and speak with someone in the "help" department tomorrow. Ugh! What a disaster. I have no ideas for a back-up for Boo. At this point I'm worried the other costumes will even get here in time.

This is the first year I've even done something like this. I don't sew so making my own isn't even an option. I'm not impressed with anything I've seen in local stores (think really small town) I really hope this works out. Even if it does this will be my first and last time ordering from this company.

3 comments:

me said...

Well tell us what company it is for a public warning, won't ya!? :)

Family_Dauk said...

Ahhhh I guess that would be important huh. I ordered the costumes through Celebrations Express (Costumes Xpress) When I called them back this morning they informed me that Tea's was out of stock as well. I ended up choosing a lamb costume for Boo and a hula girl for Tea. They will be here on Thursday with free overnight shipping. So they say. They really didn't even act like I had reason to be upset. I'm in a pinch this year, but never again I say never!

Damitz Family said...

I hope it works this time. That really stinks! Let me know if they're running late and you wanna borrow an elephant or octopus costume :)