Sunday, October 12, 2008

Busy but Fun

Unfortunately the King had to work all weekend long. That left the girls and I more than a little bummed out. Knowing they were upset I tried really hard to make this weekend a fun one. That was tough being we had a lot of work to get done. On Saturday the weather was cold and dreary. We all loved it. The girls made tents with blankets in the family room while I did a really deep clean of the downstairs. After I got done we made halloween candy with a kit that my mom bought the girls. They had a BLAST. It was delicious too. The older girls stayed up and we watched Casper.

Sunday I decided to stay home from church and finish my upstairs projects. I was shocked that I got it all done. All the clothes are now neatly organized and the girls rooms look so neat and tidy. I put all the electric blankets on the beds, washed the sheets, and put away loads of laundry. I feel so relieved to have it all done. Especially since this week promises to be busy. We are going to the pumpkin patch on Wednesday evening with the youth group and then Chiggie is going on a field trip to the apple orchard on Thursday. School is out on Friday and this weekend is both of my little sisters birthdays. Now that my work is done I feel more prepared to enjoy the fun!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds very productive!! It must be a great feeling to have it all finished!

Anonymous said...

You'll have to show pics of the pumpkin patch and apple orchard if you get any. J just had a carnival last Friday night at his school. He had a blast. I need to get the pics posted to the blog soon. He goes to the pumpkin patch and corn maze on the 21st for his field trip this month. I'll be sure to post some pics.

Tell everyone hello. J really misses the girls. He wants to come see them again soon. He asks just about everyday when we will see you guys again.

Have a good week.

Christine said...

I'm sorry to hear that the King wasn't home, but good job on getting so much done! Now this just means less chores to get done next weekend when he's here, right?

I hope the well goes well for you! We're out of school on Thurs and Fri too.

me said...

Congrats on being productive...I'm lacking motivation as of late, unfortunately. Sorry to hear about not getting Daddy-time but my kids can completely relate to Daddy working all weekend, if it makes you feel better! *HUGS* Here's to next weekend being GREAT!