Monday, April 21, 2008

Yet Another MIlestone

As Chiggie gets older the milestones are fewer are farther between. Where as with the baby it seems we make it through several a week. This weekend Chiggie and I went for our first official "big kid" bike ride. Now that her training wheels are off and she's built up some endurance, we're unstoppable. We rode all over our little town. We went through subdivisions, on main roads, up hills, and around down town. It was amazing. I enjoyed it for myself, but it was really nice to have her along. She rode in front of me and it was hard to believe how fast she's grown and how big she really has gotten.

I'm going to get one of those trailers to pull behind my bike so that the little girls can come along too. Bike riding is something that I have always really enjoyed and haven't gotten to do for several years now. It's awesome that one of my kids is actually finally old enough to enjoy it with me now. I'm sure this is something we'll be doing a lot this summer. In the evenings of course!

2 comments:

me said...

That sounds like so much fun! T isn't a huge fan of her bike? I think we missed the 'window' with her and introduced it too late (4.5)? We're giving AJ his this summer for his 3rd bday. Might just be her too, she's more of the cheerleader type, as I've mentioned. LOL
p.s. Another idea for things to do this summer is the Pueblo Zoo. It's really fun for the little ones and we really enjoyed it when we lived there! The Riverwalk in Pueblo is another fun idea that can end with ice cream! If you show up on the right day you can get a really c heap ride on their water ferry.

Christine said...

I would love to do that! Just gotta get a bike and a trailer, helmets for the baby . . . LOL. It sounds like a wonderful memory!