Friday, April 18, 2008

Planning Ahead

Summer is coming. We may have gotten 6" of snow yesterday, but summer really is coming. I've been putting more and more thought lately into our summer plans. We already have our Memorial Day Weekend reservations here and I'm really excited. We plan to make this somewhat of a summer tradition. I know we'll also have many days at the pool, the lake, and we'll definitely do the summer reading program at our local library.

I'd like to take a small vacation as well, but haven't really decided where. Not being pregnant opens my options up a bit. Somewhere warm, kid friendly, and not too expensive. Any good ideas? Anyone else have any exciting summer plans?

2 comments:

me said...

Oh SUMMER...I'm whooped just thinkin about it! LOL We have a trip to NV for a week over Memorial Day weekend, a 3 day trip over Independence Day to NE CO, and both kids' birthdays in there as well. There is a possibility of a learning trip for Hubby's job in August, but that remains to be seen. I will require at least a trip to Denver before school starts for clothes, shoes, etc. Other than that, we're just going to spend a lot of time at the park (early b/c we're the heat stroke kind) and the pool.

Christine said...

We're planning on Santa Barbara for Memorial Day. It should be fun - it's been almost two years since we've been to the family reunion out there.

Other than that, we'll do local stuff. The dinosaur park, amusement park, water parks, and we're planning on 'faux camping'. There are some camping spots nearby. We'll spend the afternoon hiking and maybe wading in the creek, then build a fire, do dinner and s'mores and just wait until it gets dark and come home. I don't think we could handle an overnighter with our group! :)