Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Again

The weeks just keep coming faster and faster. We slept in a little this morning which was very nice. I was the first one up and the eggs were almost ready by the time everyone else started coming out. The morning went by quickly with chores and getting ready for the day. Then school began. Tea took a math test today and got %100. She tends to complain the most about math, but she is very gifted in this area. I think the pages just look long to her and she wants to be done.


I started a new series with Boo today. We will be covering all of the letters of the alphabet, both capital and lowercase, and their sounds. This is just a basic overview to get her prepared for her next year's curriculum. She is very excited to be doing her own thing and she is definitely ready to move forward. At first I had some concerns that the new curriculum I plan to use next might be too intense, but the more I look at it the more I like it. It is very thorough. If there is ever too much seat work on any given day I can always tweak that. We already use the same series for math and have loved it. It is advanced and fast paced but it keeps them from getting bored and I feel it covers more too.

We are taking advantage of a free Netflix trial and the girls are watching a movie this afternoon. It is way too cold to play outside. Not to mention all the branches that need to be cleaned up from last night's storm. Tonight they have play practice so I'm sure they won't be too bored!

0 comments: