Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In the Clouds

When we first started homeschooling science was a subject I was not quite sure about. We went with Apologia. I really can't say why. It didn't look the most exciting and I really hadn't heard all that much about it. It just "felt" right. I have not been disappointed. While I had worried that we might get bored studying one science topic all year long, we haven't at all. In fact I think the further we did into Astronomy the more inquisitive the girls have gotten.

Today we made a cloud. Using a glass jar of hot water, a match, and a bag of ice we recreated the process as it takes place on the gas giant planets. It was neat to watch and even I have a better understanding of how the atmospheres on these planets work. I know I have learned more this year than I ever did even in high school. Next year we will be doing anatomy. I am so glad this program "found' me!

0 comments: