Friday, March 09, 2012

Full Speed Ahead

I realized that while I decided to discontinue my week in review posts, I neglected to ever post anything saying that. The truth is, it was just too much. I record what we're doing and how we're doing it in too many other places. Trying to remember to do it once a week on here was just overwhelming. I'm sure I will still post pictures and updates, just not on a specific schedule.

That being said things are still going great. We have 2 weeks left and then we will be moving on to our 4th quarter! We haven't lost steam at all in fact we might have even gained some this week. We are nearly finished with our bible curriculum, Tea is halfway through her 2nd grade math book, and we will finish Science early as well. Instead of starting a new science unit (we did astronomy this year and will do anatomy next) we will studying life cycles. We will be watching frogs grow from tadpoles! This should be a fun spring activity. With everything else, we are right on schedule. History will be pushing it though. It's just so hard to turn down great books. We have read more than 30 novels just this year. The girls LOVE this time of the day. We are reading Amos Fortune Free Man right now and I think we will all be sorry when it's over.

Chiggie has read the entire Series of Unfortunate Events, all 13 books, and she started them around the holidays. Speaking of reading Midge has made the jump to the bridge books. It has been such a joy to watch her grow in the department. She likes being able to check out books a the library, bring them home, and read them herself. Chiggie's technical writing has grown exponentially over the course of the first 3 quarters and I expect she'll grow a lot more before summer. I am so glad I chose to do a specific writing curriculum as an add on this year. It has been well worth the money.

Speaking of curriculum, I have already chosen and ordered ours for next year. It's such a good feeling. We stayed with everything we used this year. In addition we will be doing an art curriculum and extra spelling curriculum next year. It should be crazy with all 4 kids, but the good kind of crazy.

0 comments: