Thursday, April 07, 2011

Craziness

The last time the King worked out of town, I don't remember things being quite this crazy. I think I assumed that as the kids got older things would just get easier. In a way they have, but for everything that got easier something else got harder. Bottom line I can't clone myself and be at two activities at once. I often times find myself struggling to fit everything in. We're in a good place though, despite the craziness. Tonight was Midge's belt test in Karate. She knew all the moves she needed to know to earn her white belt. She is so focused and attentive and if she continues to want this I think she will achieve great things. Chiggie also had an Honor Choir performance tonight. The kids and the teacher really did a fantastic job. She has enjoyed this experience and it was a great finale. While I am on the topic of achievements, I must report that Tea is reading. Not just "Hop on Pop," either, not that there is anything wrong with that, but she is really reading. It's amazing to hear her. She has also mastered the names of all 50 states and is almost able to show all of them on a map. She will keep me on my toes. She is hungry for knowledge and asks a lot of questions. She is also changing so much lately. She has grown so tall, her bangs have grown out, and she has her adult teeth. Boo is still just a sweet, funny, little thing. Most of the time she is so easy to please. I love, love, love, her adoration of her siblings. She would pick them over myself or the King any day and I am perfectly fine with that. She loves for Tea to read to her and Midge to teach her Karate. She is a great example of the many advantages to coming from a large family. Buster. What can I say. He's feeling better and boy do I know it. I can't keep him still for 5 seconds. He is running, saying many words, and his hobbies alternate between dumping out the trash and throwing valuables in the toilet. He too loves his sisters and enjoys being a part of their silly games. He is sleeping so much better and I've gained a little bit of my sanity back. So there you have it. Things are busy, as always, but good. I really need to take more pictures. Maybe tomorrow!

0 comments: