Monday, April 18, 2011

Case Solved

Last Monday night Tea came downstairs with the bad news that she could not find her Nintendo DS. I helped her look for a bit, then reassured her that would look harder then next day, and sent her to bed. The next day came and I tore the house apart looking for it. I even called Midge's Karate Sensei to see if it had gotten left there. We searched the vehicles and I made her retrace her steps over and over and over....Both girls (Tea and Chiggie) stood firm that she had been playing it, in bed, the night before it went missing. I even looked under the mattress in a desperate attempt to close the case. Finally I gave up. She was devastated. It is her most prized possession, but I simply could not think of anywhere else to look. Fast forward a week to tonight. I was making the beds, Mondays are clean sheet days, and Chiggie was helping. We were actually talking about the DS when suddenly she leapt across the bed and lifted up the blinds. There chilling peacefully on the windowsill was the DS. I can't believe I missed that! We are all very thankful it has been found, Tea most of all. Well, Chiggie is pretty happy about the $10 reward.

1 comments:

me said...

I can't even tell you how many things were "found" today in our room cleaning. And they are never where they swear they left them. hehe
Glad she found it!