Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mystery

Normally I love a good mystery, but this one not so much. Midge has now been sick for close to two weeks. It started with that darn stomach virus and is finishing off with a horrible combination of high fever and sore throat. I have never in almost 10 years of parenting seen a throat look like hers. Of course I took her in on Tuesday for a strep culture but it was negative. The doctor agreed something was wrong and put her on an antibiotic to see if she improved at all. She got worse, spiking a fever over 104.5 on Wednesday night. She hasn't slept well in at least 5 days. I took her back in today where she was tortured with an influenza swab and had to be restrained for a blood draw. She was tested for both Influenza and Mono both of which came back negative. The lymph nodes in her neck are now visible to the naked eye. It's obviously just some random virus, but yuck. Chiggie has a milder version, but is complaining of severe throat pain too. Winter cannot end soon enough around here.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Yikes! I'm so sorry! Poor thing, I hope she gets better soon. And I totally agree. spring can't come fast enough. *hugs*