Monday, February 26, 2007

Why I Can't Get Anything Done

I don't know if it is my pregnancy brain or just the new me but lately I am having an extremely hard time staying on task. I usually stay in bed in the morning until around 8:30 when the kids get up. I am awake before then but it feels good to just lay under the electric blanket and enjoy the quiet. Once I hear the girls I head upstairs to begin the day. While I am upstairs I might see their laundry basket overflowing. I gather the laundry and the girls and head downstairs.

I get them their breakfast and get ready to start the laundry. When I open the laudry cupboard I notice that it could use a good cleaning. While the girls are eating I de-clutter the laundry area. About halfway through I find a blouse that I have been looking for since I found out I was pregnant. I take the blouse to hang it safely in my closet. For some reason I can't get the closet door to open all the way. I realize that it's all the clothes laying on the closet floor that are causing this phenomenon.

By now the girls are done with breakfast and need washed up and help getting ready for the day. I clean them up and help them get dressed. As I am doing their hair I notice that their bangs are way too long. I attempt to trim them regretfully and promise to stay away from the scissors in the future. I gather up the trimmings and go to put them in the waste basket. When I get there I see that the trash needs to be taken out. While getting a new trash bag I notice that the cupboard under the sink smells bad. I come back to investigate.......

Meanwhile the laundry never got started, the laundry area is halfway decluttered, the closet door still won't fully open, the girls bangs are REALLY jacked up, and I have a smelly cupboard. Nice.

1 comments:

Carmajo said...

5 days out of 7 are like that in my household! Good luck!