Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful Christmas, and for that I am very grateful!  The service on Christmas Eve was really beautiful.  I think it made us feel closer to the congregation that we were able to attend.  That night the kids were just so excited.  It was a lot of fun to see them so full of joy.  For the first time ever, they fell asleep right away and it was a fairly restful night.  I didn't sleep a whole lot just because I was nervous.  I knew Santa would be coming and I was just a bit curious as to how he was going to set out all of the presents and fill up stockings without waking anybody up!  He pulled it off though.  The kids woke up at 7, which was another nice surprise, and they were thrilled to see that Santa had really come.  They all were surprised with what he had brought and eager to open packages as well.  In what seemed like no time at all, all the packages were open and I have to admit it felt really chaotic. We really had nowhere to put all of the new toys and just the trash and paper alone was making me feel pretty claustrophobic. 

After presents we all took showers and got ready for the day.  The kids played with their new things while the King and I made a really nice dinner.  It took FOREVER for the prime rib to cook in our tiny oven, and Christmas lunch slowly turned into Christmas dinner.  The kids snacked on goodies from their stockings, but everyone was pretty hungry by the time the time the meal was served. 

Later that evening we all went to see the movie Frozen.  I really was not sure what to expect, but it was amazing!  All of the kids stayed awake throughout the whole movie.  It was definitely worth seeing in the theater.  I was kind of surprised at how many people were there, but we came early and got great seats.  By the time we got home everyone was exhausted and after we all got changed into pajamas we fell asleep.  It was our first, and most likely last, trailer Christmas!

0 comments: