Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rambling

Today was really warm outside.  I actually turned the heat off for the first time since we got here.  It was nice.  We had longer school day, but it was good.  After our trip to the library we are back to reading aloud and actually started two new books today.  We are reading The Hobbit and All the Stars in the Sky.  Both are interesting but we are especially excited about the Hobbit.  
 
 
 
 
 The kids are really loving having a dog and as much as I worried, he is really no trouble at all.  He is a so snuggly and not hyper at all.  A perfect travel companion.  My only complaint at all is that he does shed.  We bought a brush though and I am hoping that helps.

 Boo has been working really hard on her phonics this week and it's paying off.  She is reading so well.  I can't believe she is only 5.  I am very glad I started K with her this year instead of holding off since she is a late summer birthday.
This boy is a little goof.  Lately everything goes on his head and becomes his hat.  He puts on a show for anyone who has the interest.  He seems to be adjusting well to our new "life."  We did finally get water hook ups today.  That proved to be interesting because we had a leak and it took forever to discover it was coming from under the bunkhouse.  Whew!  Once we found it it was an easy fix.  We need one new trap and by tomorrow night we should be good to go.  It will be nice to be using our own restroom. 

Chiggie went to youth group tonight at the church we visited on Sunday.  She really wanted to go and said she had a good time.  I think it was hard being new, especially since she was so young when we started our old church.  It's a new experience for her and as hard as it can be to watch, I want her to be independant and strong.  She wants to go back next week and is super excited about some of the trips they have planned.  It pays to be closer to the big city I suppose!

0 comments: