Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Laundry Time

Hands down, one of the weirdest things about this new life is the lack of chores.  There really is just not that much to do.  I take that back, there is a ton to do, but it really is no comparison for the amount of work I was faced with before.  In fact there was so much before that it never all got done.  It was really just too much for one adult and five younger kids.  Now cleaning the house takes about 20 mins and that includes making beds, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.  I can definitely handle that for awhile.  
 
 
 Laundry is also much simpler.  Twice a week, 3 loads, and we're done.  The girls and I headed over (it's just across the way from our site)  today and it only took about an hour and a half.  The laundry area is very clean and decent sized so the kids stayed in there with me and played with their dolls. 
The storm has not let up as of yet, but the warmer temperatures are causing a yucky, wet, slush that makes walking around pretty miserable.  The next two days should clear that up and maybe by early next week, we might even see the ground again!

Yesterday while we were in town we rented a couple of movies from Red Box.  The kids chose one and the King and I picked Lincoln.  It was really good, but even though I already knew the ending it made me sad.  It really reminded me, in the midst of this weeks bombing tradgedy, that these senseless acts aren't anything new.  That being said it's still hard to understand. 

0 comments: