Wednesday, April 24, 2013

More Exploring

I think the weather has finally decided to warm up beginning with today.  It was nice to see the snow melting and walk back and forth to the bathrooms without getting all slushy!  After school we headed to check out the library for the first time.  I was a little worried that I would have trouble getting a library card, but it ended up being no problem. We were all very impressed.  It's a huge library with a lot of resources and Chiggie was excited that they have a "teen" room for middle school and up.  I told the kids on the way that they could only pick one book a piece due to storage issues, but we walked out with 17.  What can I say we love books.

Afterwards we went by Walmart to pick us some things we really needed and a few extras and then I took them to a really cool park we have driven by several times.  There is an old army tank to play on and they enjoyed reading all the information posted about it.  They played for a good hour before we had to come home.

I finished the evening doing a few loads of laundry (I am loving doing laundry 2x a week!) and the kids played more at the park here.  We had lasagna and bread sticks for dinner and it was even yummier than usual.  I am glad that tomorrow is Thursday and we are one day closer to the weekend!

0 comments: